Supporters of HTML and CSS validation say there is a number of reasons why you should be validating your code.
1. Validation of the code helps to create a cross-browser, cross-platform and future compatible website. You may manage to create a web page that would work on your favourite browsers, and yet, you can have dozens of HTML (or CSS) errors that won’t show up in the browser due to an existing bug. As a result, another user who’s using a different web browser and is not sharing the same bug, will end up with the a distorted view of the screen. Another variation is that later versions of your browser can automatically fix the bug, and eventually the page will be broken when people use the latest updated browser release. That’s why coding is important. A page without errors will work equally well across all major browsers and platforms. Besides, it’s a kind of insurance that your website will function smoothly on all future versions of browsers.
2. Visibility in search engines. If web pages contain errors, as a rule browsers try to compensate. Some browsers ignore the broken elements of the site whilst others make assumptions about original ideas of the designer and what he or she was trying to achieve. The problem is that when search engines access your web page and parse it for keywords, they also have to decide what to do with the existing errors. Thus, you need to make sure that your web page validates errors-free.
3. Professionalism. You need to understand that errors in your website reflect your poor experience and skills as a web developer. That’s why you should spend quality time to test the site in all major browsers and check out whether it works equally well in all of them.
Why you shouldn’t validate the site
People who are against validation often refer to the following reasons:
1. Validation doesn’t give you any guarantees that the page will work. Even after validation, you still need to test your site in all big popular browsers. Having a clear and errors-free code also doesn’t guarantee that the HTML or CSS code will do exactly what you want.
2. Ideally, you want all your webpages to be error-free and usable. However, as it often occurs, many web designers who create thousands of web pages have no time at all to convert them so that they validate correctly. Because these pages are already doing well on the web, they tend to spend more time on doing work that’s actually productive.
3. Usually, your website visitors don’t check your source code. The only true test for the average visitor is the way your website appears in his or her browser.
Our team is comprised of professional experts with long-term experience in IT industry. If you're looking for iPhone App Developer , WordPress Designer , WordPress Developer or just a Custom Web Design We know how to create an effective and visually appealing project to suit your business needs.
Quality is a “must” criterion in our work. Everyone is looking for cost-effective and professional design and development services but only a scarce amount of companies can actually guarantee a good outcome at reasonable prices. We can create an innovative and unique project that will definitely capture the eye of any visitor!
We’ve accumulated a proper expertise about the market trends and technologies so that your project can comply with modern high standards and at the same time entice new customers on a constant basis. Besides, we are always ready to give you a professional advice in case you have any queries!
A growing number of companies has led to a huge competition on the Internet marketplace. In the present world, an original touch and unique characteristic are those factors that can place any online business right ahead of the rest. We understand business specifications and can comfortably fit your budget!
Contact us and get a free quote! We will get back to you immediately to discuss the details!