The key component of a website that determines its success is navigation. It’s a so-called gateway that leads its visitors into different sections of the content. To design it effectively, it’s important to follow some general rules:
– link your website logo to the homepage;
– allocate your navigation system at the top or left side of the site. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel unless you’re absolutely sure in what you’re doing;
– navigation should be easy to find. All web users are impatient and they won’t spend ages hanging around a site very long if they don’t have a clear path. Navigation should be a prominent element of your design. Because it usually doesn’t take a lot of space compared to other elements, it’s got to stand out enough on the site so that it doesn’t get lost amongst the rest of the content. The best place for a button bar is across the top of a page. At first, users get used to seeing it there and at second, it’s the most convenient place.
– keep it consistent. If you’ve made a decision to place a navigation bar on the left hand side, make sure it appears at the same place on all pages of the site. It should be done in the same style, colors and type. Visitors would feel much more comfortable browsing consistent website. As a rule websites, in which navigation bar keeps on changing its style, form, color and location from page to page frustrate web users and repel.
– proper and obvious section names. The section names of the site should clearly tell people what they stand for. Wherever it’s possible, try to avoid using the general terms. Be more specific so that your prospects don’t have to click on multiple buttons to get to their destination.
– a good navigation menu on a website is supposed to cut down the number of clicks required to move from one page to another. The number of clicks from one page to another shouldn’t exceed 3;
– don’t over complicate your website. Too many navigation buttons can leave your users with too many choices.
Our team is comprised of professional experts with long-term experience in IT industry. If you're looking for iPhone App Developer , WordPress Designer , WordPress Developer or just a Custom Web Design We know how to create an effective and visually appealing project to suit your business needs.
Quality is a “must” criterion in our work. Everyone is looking for cost-effective and professional design and development services but only a scarce amount of companies can actually guarantee a good outcome at reasonable prices. We can create an innovative and unique project that will definitely capture the eye of any visitor!
We’ve accumulated a proper expertise about the market trends and technologies so that your project can comply with modern high standards and at the same time entice new customers on a constant basis. Besides, we are always ready to give you a professional advice in case you have any queries!
A growing number of companies has led to a huge competition on the Internet marketplace. In the present world, an original touch and unique characteristic are those factors that can place any online business right ahead of the rest. We understand business specifications and can comfortably fit your budget!
Contact us and get a free quote! We will get back to you immediately to discuss the details!